Liquid Colour Design has revealed the world’s first racing helmets painted with Elite Diamond Concept coating and finished with 24 carat gold leaf.
Produced by Elite Diamond Concept, the special coating is combined with diamonds and glass to give an extra tough finish and unique shine. The diamond coating was developed for the hulls or the interiors of super yachts and jet aircraft and has already been applied to one of the most Luxurious high-performance sports boats in the world.
The Stilo helmets were painted by Liquid Colour Design for world-renowned Italian racing driver, Raffaele Marciello. Two versions of the design were created for Marciello, a red version and a blue version. The painting of the two helmets took two weeks, with 38 grams of paint applied to the red helmet and 41grams of paint applied to the blue.
Iain Baldwin, owner of Liquid Colour Designs said: “We love every opportunity to create something truly unique and collaborating with our friend Bandon Seaber on this incredibly luxurious finish has allowed us to create something special with exciting new materials.”
Liquid Colour Design’s award-winning paint shop has previously painted helmets for international racing drivers including former F1 driver Martin Brundle and WRC driver Kris Meeke. Iain’s specialist studio also creates artwork for all forms of motorsports of motorcycle helmets, plus bespoke liveries for cars, trucks, helicopters and aircraft.
• Liquid Colour Design (LCD) is a bespoke paint shop and studio, located in the village of Ballycarry, Co Antrim, Northern Ireland
• Helmets were produced in collaboration with friend of the LCD, Brandon Seaber Designs, who provided the original artwork
• Two versions of the helmet were painted for Italian racing driver Raffaele Marciello
• Originally from Scarborough, North Yorkshire, Iain Baldwin has produced bespoke helmet designs for drivers including Kris Meeke, Martin and Alex Brundle and Edward Jones Indy Lights 2016 Champion
• LCD was named House of Kolor Prestigious Painter award for 2017
For more information about Liquid Colour Design, visit: www.liquidcolourdesign.com